My days and thoughts....

Blog covering some selected happenings in my life.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Real illness found and diagnosed....Read down to find out!!!

wow, been a very looong time since i have last written here. I was busy with my exams and....pain. My pain kept coming and going. I went and did more blood analysis and an IVP X ray which i don't know what it meaning but it reveals my Urinary tract organs to track the so called stone. The surprise was that there were no kidney stones at all and the first diagnosis was wrong. I also did blood, urine and stool analysis. All were normal. My X ray implied that I have a very rare disease that comes for men between 40 and 60 years with an estimate in Egypt of less than 100 cases of the nation of 77 million!!!

My dad wasn't convinced and i went to a urologist who happens to be a father of my friend in university. He said the findings are wrong and I am normal and might be suffering from phsychological pain. I also have some illusions of Hernia and piles or fistulas. Few days later, yesterday, I went to a private clinic and met the first doctor that none of my parents know. He diagnosed me with chronic appendicitis and that's all. Exactly 2 monthes have passed since the onset of the pain on the 31st of May. I went to another doctor, a general surgeon and he diagnosed me again with chronic appendicitis and inevitable surgery. I puked out when he pressed on my abdomen. The first doctor i have been to who is an abdomen and heart doctor was the first one who suspected me for appendicitis primarly and renal stone secondly. Then I went to another doctor, a non surgeon but a abdominal and gastroenterologist, another friend of my dad, a colleague of the previous surgeon and the top in the armed forces. He also suspected me with chronic appendicitis but said Ultrasonic, MRI and a repitition of the blood analysis are required first before proceeding with the surgery. Finally, I went to the last doctor, a general and vascular surgeon who might be a candidate of doing my prospective surgery. He also required an MRI and ultrasonic before proceeding.

Surgery is inevitable. Its a matter of days before I go under general anaesthesia and start suffering from post surgical pain. Wish me luck and pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home