My days and thoughts....

Blog covering some selected happenings in my life.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Operating System Course:

I came up with the following one day after the final exam of the Operating System course. I am sure I will find it modified and shared on email chains later on. It first appeared on the Google Group of the course.

Here it follows:

My advise to anyone is not to take 341 and 345 concurrently. They will cause deadlock. I have already swapped them out of my memory and compressed the fragmentation that resulted from them. The status of both of them Block Suspend and they will die of starvation when the grades are published. If you have any suggestion of a good scheduling policy that can handle them, please feel free to share it. I will wait on the vacation and will be signalled at the beginning of the next semester.
Till then.
Have a nice vacation and good luck

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

funny ... us Semaphores ;)

January 26, 2006 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home